Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nu

This place is on the north side of False Creek. It's a lovely location. Big bonus is FREE PARKING!

The view is the main attraction, being by the water. Decor is a little dated I realize it's going for a 70s chic, or is that more 60s, but it could use some revamping.. The bathroom definetely need sprucing up.

Food is good. No, actually, I would say it's very good! I don't think I will be able to have salad nicoise ever again without longing for Nu's (it's better than the ones I've had in Nice). It's made with albacore tuna that is perfectly cooked. The lamb shank was nice and tender (and generous portion) and flavourful. It was served with some orzo, some beets, and some kale (yes, even the kale was very good too).

One complaint I have is the lack of HD tv on their lounge! Yes, I know, it's lame to be concerned about tv when dining out, but it was game night! They didn't even have it on (the game) when we arrived, but they were quite accomodating in changing the channel, except, that they have limited channels - no sportsnet.

I'd give this place between  4.25 - 4.5 stars.

Nu
1661 Granville Street | Vancouver, B.C. | V6Z 1N3 | 604-646-4668